As a part of the NSW Government’s 2022 ‘Reconnect’ Seniors Festival (March 25 – 3rd April 2022), the Kiama Bicycle User Group (KBUG) is offering the opportunity for recent or long-term retirees to discover the joys and benefits of cycling as a leisure activity.
The Kiama BUG organises regular social rides in the local area.
A special introductory ride will be held on Tuesday 29th March to share the local riding experience with others in the community.
Of course, as with all Kiama BUG activities, the ride will be followed by a relaxing morning tea!
This ride will be at an introductory level, supported by local Ride Leaders who are fully accredited with Bicycle NSW.
When and where
- Date: Tuesday March 29, 2022
- Time: 8.30 am
- Ride Start: James Oats Reserve Minnamurra
- Participants: Maximum 15
- Distance/Route: To be determined prior to the event and announced on the day depending on numbers and cycling experience information gathered during the registration process. The pace and distance of the ride will be managed to suit all participants.
- Cost: There is no cost for the ride, or morning tea.
Supported Ride package includes:
- Leaders accredited with Bicycle NSW
- Bicycle NSW Membership for 3 months (including Personal Injury and Public Liability Insurance)
- Kiama BUG membership
- Basic bike mechanical workshop
- First Aid Support
- Morning tea
What to bring
- a roadworthy bike (e-bike or non e-bike);
- a limited number of bikes may be available to borrow, but this will need to be organised in advance of the day – indicate request on the form below.
- a cycling helmet;
- a water bottle;
- proof of double COVID vaccination.
Registration and participation
For the smooth organisation of membership registration, equipment and catering please register your interest using the online form below, before Friday 11th March.
The information you provide in this form will used to create your complimentary memberships of Bicycle NSW and Kiama BUG.
Further information (or to register over the phone)…
- Call Warren McPherson on 0427 043 621, or
- email: email@example.com