This site provides information for members of the Kiama Bicycle Users Group (BUG) and interested members of the cycling community.
The Kiama BUG caters for riders of all ages and abilities, with organised rides on various days of the week.
- Saturday: A longer ride, looping from Jamberoo through Kiama to Windang and returning to Jamberoo via Albion Park. Around 70km
- Sunday: The Social Sunday Ride is a shorter ride held in various locations in the Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven, Wollongong and Southern Highland areas. Approximately 20-30kms
- Monday: Mid-length rides in the Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven, Wollongong and Southern Highland areas. Around 25 – 50kms
- Wednesday: Off-road rides are held on the first Wednesday of each month, over various distances and terrains in Kiama and adjoining LGAs.
- Thursday: Mid-length rides in the Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven, Wollongong and Southern Highland areas. Around 25 – 50kms
All upcoming rides are listed on the Regular Rides page.
On the day of each ride an update is provided on the Ridewatch site, indicating if the day’s ride has been affected by weather conditions, etc.
Kiama BUG members regularly organise trips away for those who may be interested in cycling in other parts of the country or overseas.
There are a number of other riding groups based in Kiama, each catering for particular skills, ages and interests.
If you are interested in contacting other local cycling groups or participating in a regular KBUG ride, you can meet up with KBUG riders at a regular organised ride – many KBUG members are also involved with other cycling groups.
If you are visiting Kiama, check out…