The NSW government has announced new rules relating to cycling. These new measures will come into effect in March 2016.
From 1st March 2016….
- Drivers who pass a bicycle rider must allow a distance of at least:
- 1 metre when the speed limit is 60km/h or less;
- 1.5 metres when the speed limit is more than 60km/h.
- All bicycle riders aged 18 and over must carry photo identification. (12 months ‘grace’ period).
There will be increased fines for those who transgress these rules.
- Read more details about the new rules at the NSW govt’s Go Together site >>>
- Read Bicycle NSW’s reaction to the announcements >>>