Kiama BUG is but one of a number of organised cycling groups operating in Kiama.
Kiama BUG is a formal organisation affiliated with Bicycle NSW, and conforms to the Bicycle NSW guidelines and insurance requirements.
Kiama BUG offers rides to suit a range of interests and abilities….
- Saturday: A longer ride, looping from Jamberoo through Kiama to Windang and returning to Jamberoo via Albion Park. Around 70km.
- Sunday: The Social Sunday Ride is a shorter ride held in various locations in the Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven and Southern Highland areas. Approximately 20-30kms
- Monday: Mid-length rides in the Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven and Southern Highland areas. Around 25 – 50kms
- Wednesday: Longer rides in the Illawarra and southern highlands area, with the option to join the ride at various points. Around 70km.
- Thursday: Mid-length rides in the Kiama, Shellharbour, Shoalhaven and Southern Highland areas. Around 25 – 50kms
Information about upcoming Kiama BUG rides is available at Ridewatch.
A number of other cycling groups are based in Kiama, often catering for particular age groups, interests, needs, or types of cycling experiences. Word-of-mouth is often the preferred method of contact sharing.
Local groups with a public profile include:
If you are interested in learning about other groups and what they may have to offer, first stop might be to drop by Kiama Cycles and Sports – corner of Collins and Minnamurra Streets, opposite the ‘Terrace’ shops.
Alternatively, joining a regular Kiama BUG ride will provide an opportunity for Kiama BUG members to share information about other local cycling groups, in which Kiama BUG members often participate.